Translate

Friday, July 15, 2016

Nam Woohyun (남우현) - Write


Summary

I know Woohyun through Infinite and ToHeart (a personal fave) so I was excited to listen to this album. It's very calming and beautiful, very well put together and executed!

Individual Song Reviews:

1. “Write

Lovely intro! Piano and string are a double kill for me.

2."끄덕끄덕 (Still I Remember)music video

I'm such a sucker for ballads. The instruments they used sound wonderful together. Woohyun's vocals are really amazing, it makes me sad he didn't get more recognition for this comeback.

3. “그 사람

More piano! His vocals are really powerful on this track. On a side note, I'm loving the smooth transitions between songs.

4. “향기

This gave me total drama OST vibes. I have a soft playlist for night time, I think this will being going onto it.

5. “Gravity”

A more upbeat track, it held my attention a lot more than the previous songs! Not to say the others are boring, but the heavier guitar in this made it more exciting for me.

6. “Stand By Me

Woohyun has held steadily strong vocals throughout this whole album. Another soft track, the perfect ending.

Ending notes:

A lovely album! Not something I'd listen to everyday, but beautiful nonetheless. 8/10
1. Gravity
2. Still I Remember

Released May 8th 2016
Listen on Spotify here
Support Nam Woohyun and buy this album on iTunes here

No comments:

Post a Comment