Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2016

AKMU (악동뮤지션) - SPRING


Summary

My fave sibling duo! I remember when I first listened to AKMU, I was so surprised that kpop could sound the way they did. They keep getting more and more talented, and with Suhyun being only a month older than me I'm always blown away by the quality of their music!

Individual Song Reviews:

1. “RE-BYEmusic video

I automatically notice that Suhyun's vocals have matured, this girl is incredible. The instruments they chose give the song a retro vibe, which I love. The song overall is catchy and cool and I especially liked Chanhyuk's unique rap tone.

2. “How People Move music video

I honestly love this song, the instrument choice is great once again! The entire vibe just makes you want to dance. I also love the point where they take on an almost opera style, it's a super fun way to keep listeners engaged.

3. “Haughty Girl

This track is much softer that the two previous title tracks. The melody makes you want to sway, and I'd definitely classify it as an easy-listening song.

4. “Green Window

I was reminded of songs off their first album with this track. it so uplifting and upbeat! I also love how much guitar they use, in this and other songs.

5. “Every Little Thing”

I love strings! Once again with the instruments, I also enjoyed the horns used in the chorus. I feel like this is the sort of song you'd hear in a musical.

6. “Around

This track gave me Melted vibes. The space they used in production makes the song song huge, giving it a hauntingly beautiful feeling.

Ending notes:

AKMU is honestly one of the most talented artist groups in kpop right now, and I really loved this mini-album! 8/10
1. How People Move
2. RE-BYE
3. Green Window

Released May 4th 2016
Listen on Spotify here
Support AKMU and buy this album on iTunes here

No comments:

Post a Comment