Translate

Friday, July 15, 2016

Amber (엠버) - Borders/On My Own/Need to Feel Needed (single releases)


Summary

Just because I love her so much, I felt like I needed to chime in on Amber's recent single release series. Thanks @ SM for giving her artistic freedom it produced masterpieces.

Individual Song Reviews:

1. “Bordersmusic video

This isn't Amber's most interesting song musically, but the message behind it is super powerful. Letting Amber have artistic freedom on her own tracks allowed emotion to seep through. I remember when I first listened I was so surprised SM let her sing, since they usually keep her on rap (which she's equally good at). I usually listen to this song when I'm feeling down.

2. “On My Own music video

I get goosebumps every time I listen to this track, it's so soft. Gen Neo's harmonies added great depth to the vocals, making the song more dynamic. Amber's vocals are some of my favorite in kpop. She doesn't try to be a powerhouse or hit numerous runs, she's just Amber.

3. “Need to Feel Needed music video

How do I even begin with this song, I love it so much. The beat, her vocals, the vibe. I can't help but dance to this song, it's so cool and fun. I love the fact the Amber doesn't have to have someone else feature on her tracks, her rapping and singing tones vary enough to keep it interesting throughout. Not to mention I love the short guitar sample they have buried in there, and then the solo! I literally listen to this every day.

Ending notes:

Amber is my talented wife I love her a lot that is all. 9/10
1. Need to Feel Needed

Released March 25th/May18th/May 25th 2016 respectively
Listen on Spotify here here here
Support Amber and buy these singles on iTunes here here here

No comments:

Post a Comment