Translate

Friday, April 29, 2016

KPOP ROUNDUP 2016 pt. 1


Welcome to the first installment of my KPOP ROUNDUP 2016! Basically this gives me a place to gush about my fave songs every 4 months, then concluding with a final 2016 list after the first of the year. I'll start with honorable mentions then move into the top ten! (P.S.: these are title tracks only, so click on the ☆ to see the MV!)


Honorable Mentions:

"Hold My Hand" - Lee Hi
"Call You Bae" - AOA's Jimin ft. EXO's Xiumin
"Sentimental" - WINNER
"A few years later" - Block B
"Liar Liar" - OH MY GIRL
"Borders" - f(x)'s Amber
"Crush on You" - The Legend

10. "Sting" - Stellar 
9. "Pretty U" - SEVENTEEN 
8. "You're So Fine" - CNBLUE 
7. "You're the Best" - MAMAMOO 
6. "Feel So Good" - B.A.P 

5. "Letting Go" - DAY6 

I've followed DAY6 since not long after their debut last year, I fell in love with them for "Congratulations" and haven't fallen out of love since. This song is packed with raw emotion after the departure of Junhyeok, and that makes it a very memorable release for me. Brian's rap gives me chills every time.

4. "Destiny" - Lovelyz 

I just reviewed this album and they've already climbed to the top 5, this song is so great. The spiraling strings, chord progression, and almost J-pop inspired vocal tones makes Lovelyz stand out from a lot of groups at the moment. I'll definitely be listening to this throughout the year.

3. "Galaxy" - LADIES' CODE 

Way too many people have slept on this comeback. These girls are so brave, they came back with a beautiful title and strong performance after such a tragedy. Now don't think this is a "pity vote", I am in love with this track. The mysterious and dreamy vibe is really soothing but still manages to keep you entranced with their vocals. I also adore the chime sample they used, it just adds another layer of dark whimsy.

2. "Press Your Number" - SHINee's Taemin 

This comeback just proved that Lee Taemin is every holy being in disguise. Not only did he work with the legend Bruno Mars, he completely owned this song and style. Dancing on point, vocals on point, delivery on point. I've listened to this so many times I can sing along to the entire thing without a single Korean lesson. Also, the guitar riffs in the chorus are supreme.

1. "Dynamite" - VIXX 

It was a close call between Taemin and VIXX, but after a lot of replaying VIXX takes the cake for me. This song is so different from what they've done before, super smooth, upbeat, and groovy. The removal of the timing right before the chorus gets me Every Time, and Hongbin's part displays his cool lower tone! The line distribution overall in this is better than usual, each member's unique tone and talents on display. I have this set as my alarm because I know I'll be happy when I wake up! We'll see in the coming months if anyone can beat out VIXX this year.

That's all from me! I put together a youtube playlist here if you want them all at once. 


Leave me your own top 5-10 in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment